Practice Jim Bender
I will be taking a sabbatical from my practice between the 1st of March and the 1st of June. If you are interested in consulting me or want to inquire about possibility for a therapy after the 1st of June, please send me an e-mail with your request and contact information. I will contact you soon after June 1, 2018.
If you would rather not wait so long I advise you to contact another therapist. For individual and relationship issues you can contact the Access Counseling Network. (http://www.access-nl.org/about-access/what-we-do/counselling-service-network.aspx)
For sexological inquiries you can call Mr. Joel Staffeleu, psychologist-sexologist. (070 3250450)
If you are having a medical emergency please contact your GP or call 112 for further help.
Intimate relationships have a central, but not always simple place in our lives. Intimacy and sexuality are two basic aspects of loving relationships. Relationship difficulties around intimacy and sexuality can have far reaching effect on your daily life. At the same time the lack of an intimate relationship can have impact on the quality of your life.
For most people it is a big step to turn towards professional help when confronted with intimate problems. It is best to first try to talk about these difficulties yourselves and work together for a solution. When problems are difficult to solve by yourselves, speaking with a sex therapist can often be of help.
The treatment offered by the sex therapist depends on the presented issues and their background. The following issues will give an impression of the kind of reasons why people consult me.
- My partner wants to have sex more often than I do.
- We differ in our sexual desires. Can we tune in better to each other?
- We think we can get more out of our intimate relationship.
- We can't have sex! One or both partners have a sexual problem.
- My partner and I are growing apart.
- I don't have an intimate relationship and have issues or problems that interfere with this.
- My illness has a negative effect on my sex life.